Monday, July 24, 2006

It's almost over

Summer break that is.
I think I'm ready to go back to school though.
I like how every year I get to start out fresh.
That is pretty cool.
This summer has gone by soooo fast.
I turned 27 last week.
How did that happen?
How did I get so old?
I don't feel old.
When you tell people you are turning 27, though, their reaction will make you feel old.
Your Grandma may say on the way to your birthday dinner 'don't ever think you are too old to have kids because I just heard on the news that a woman had a baby in her 60's. '
Okay, Grandma.
I wasn't feeling too old BEFORE you said that.
Not feeling too young now though.
I haven't blogged in such a long time so much to write about.
Went to our great county fair last week.
Actually spent like all of Friday in the auction for the 4-h animals.
Some of the girls in their first year were so sad.
They raise those animals and then adios it's off to be slaughtered.
I also got to watch some kids show their hogs ( I don't think you are supposed to call them pigs).
This consists of a bunch of people walking in a ring with hogs and they are tapping them with sticks (actually, I was told by one little girl they are called canes).
And this is supposedly one of the most prestigious awards you can win...the showmanship award.
My boyfriend did this in 4-H, he only got second though...poor boy.
Anyway we are watched some kids on horses gallop around some cones for like 5 sec. and Tom says I don't see the point in this.
Ummm, excuse me, aren't you the person who used to hit a pig with a stick for an award?
And this doesn't make sense?
So, I'm going to check out he 2peas gallery and then lay out.
Supposed to rain the rest of the week, so must get the sun in today.
It is very hard to date a farmer when you love to lay out on hot sunny days.
Farmers like it to rain.
Like all the time.
Like check the radar every free chance for rain.
Ummm....doesn't the corn need some sun too?

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're so funny. Great come back with, hey didn't you hit pigs for awards!!

I LOVE horses, I would go to the fair just to see them!! They are so pretty!!

Have fun for the rest of your summer till school starts!

12:46 PM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

isn't it funny to watch how serious those kiddos can be with their animals?? cracks me up!
i am sorry that your summer is ending... they always go by way to fast!!
try to relax and have some fun before your routine kicks in!

11:58 AM, July 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't say summer is almost over!? ahhhh! hahaha

1:46 PM, July 26, 2006  
Blogger Kat said...

thats so funny about how farmers love rain. my dad is the same way! my husband always checks the weather, but its usually for the surf report.........
glad to see you posting again!

9:23 PM, July 26, 2006  
Blogger Barb said...

Ugh. I know you're right. Summer is almost over. But, I'm trying so hard not to think about it. In fact, that's where I'm putting all my energy--pretending summer isn't almost over.

9:04 AM, July 27, 2006  
Blogger Felicia said...

Yes, summer is almost over but it will still be hot here. That's the only bad thing about livin' in AZ.

Glad to see you posting again.

4:46 PM, July 27, 2006  
Blogger Valerie said...

I can't believe your summer break is almost over..that totally sucks!! I feel like mine ha just barely started, I still have a month left!! You've been busy too!! Love county fairs..I never knew they had a fancy hog show..cool!!

11:45 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger monica said...

summer is almost over, thank god!!! It's hotter than heck here in the AZ.

I use to go to 4-H fairs back in the day, never raised anything because I didn't want it to die.

3:36 AM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger darcy said...

Hi, Wendy!! long time no post!! Missed ya!!

Oh yeah, the fair is huge around us too. I LOVE it!!

Hope you are getting some good lay-out time before school starts again. Wow.. this summer went fast...

1:51 PM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Odette said...

Summer!! I can't believe it's almost two weeks into August. Funny post!

12:51 AM, August 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... http://www.business-interuption-insurance.info http://www.vitaline-vitamins.info Buycom tamiflu erectile dysfunction Twitching tremors alcohol venlafaxine Honda accord transmission warranty acne product Broadcast and proffessiional cameras and camcorders Best place to buy accutane lift chairs Nurse with latex allergy blackjack Rx-7 mazda

6:36 PM, April 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home