Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Back in Action

So, I didn't think I would be able to say this...but I'm so glad to be back at school.
The day seems to go by much more quickly, though, when you have to work.
Everything here at school is so fresh and everyone(almost) has positive attitudes.
Should be a good year.
Looked up info to take GRE next month.
I wish I could just give a school the $50,000 and then they would say here 'ya go there is your degree.
Or maybe I wish I could go to school full time and not have to work.
I'm just scared to do both.
I enjoy school.
I enoy working (which is school, too).
But I don't know if I enjoy both at the same time.
On the scrapbooking front...
Tom requested to look at my scrapbook(or I shoved it at him as soon as he sat down on my couch) and I was telling him my scrapping has gotten so much better from when I started 7 years ago.
My style has changed so much...not so cutesy.
So, he asked to see an earlier scrapbook(Or I shoved that one at him, too).
He said he couldn't tell much of a difference except that now I seem to buy more stuff where before I seemed to make more stuff.
Is he right?
Is it not more creative and artsy?
Am I just caught up in some product frenzy?
I don't think so and hope not.
I feel like each page is a little bit of art.
I used to draw and paint...now I express it on a scrapbook page.
Does anyone else feel this way?
Are you picking up what I'm putting down?
Hehehe...like to say that.
Fifth grade teacher at my old school used to say it.
Makes me laugh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

Funny you should say that about buying a degree. My cousin and I were talking on Sunday about winning the lottery and what we would do with the money. I told him I would donate lots of money to ASU so they would just give me a degree. I work full time and go to school part-time. It's not too bad but very time consuming. There is not enough time to scrap. =/

12:28 PM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Kat said...

degrees are expensive. thats what i have to say about that.......
interesting what you said about scrapbooking. i'm gonna say that the old style was more just paper, not all the other embellishments. thats what he meant by "making more stuff" or whatever. does that make sense? and anyways, as long as it makes you happy- thats all that matters!

4:08 PM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Kat said...

degrees are expensive. thats what i have to say about that.......
interesting what you said about scrapbooking. i'm gonna say that the old style was more just paper, not all the other embellishments. thats what he meant by "making more stuff" or whatever. does that make sense? and anyways, as long as it makes you happy- thats all that matters!

4:08 PM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger justem said...

Glad you're happy to be back at school! About the scrapping...I bet all of us could see a difference in your scrapping...guys just don't get it!! I notice a huge difference when I look at older work...my husband just thinks they all look nice...I don't know if he would be able to distinguish between an old layout and a new one1!

10:36 AM, August 24, 2006  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

glad you are feeling good about the whole school routine!
Good luck w/the GRE!!
I have been contimplating grad school for the last 4 years!!!something always gets in the way!!
I totally feel ya on the scrapthing. My scraproom has more stuff than I have room for. My paper is busting off its racks. My letters are overgrown(cept the a,e, b, h, m). WHAT do you do with all the leftovers?
i say have fun w/ creating art. its such a release and making memories at the same time!

4:59 PM, August 24, 2006  
Blogger Barb said...

Hmmmm. I'm definitely in a product frenzy. Honestly? Shopping more is what made my scrapping better.

You can definitely do the school at the same time as work thing. It sucks, but it's also really energizing. You feel a lot better about your job when you spend some extra time with people who are really motivated to become better at their profession.

9:02 AM, August 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home