Wednesday, January 17, 2007

To rent or to own that is the question

So I'm considering buying a small house.
That really scares me though.
See I get paid 4th year teachers sallary and I'm paying off my undergrad loans and I plan on starting grad school in the summer.
Grad school will set me back a cool $50,000.
I will be poorer than poor people.
So do I keep renting which is basically throwing money away or buy a house as an investment?
Seriously, is any house I can afford an investment?
If I continue to rent(a new apartment...a new year means a new dwelling) then I could look into buying next January/February and feel alot better about my finacial situation.
I will know exactly what my school costs will be and what not.
Okay, on another note, what do you think about this sketchiness...
My ex and I broke up a month and a half ago.
Last week this girl(who I know through him)calls me up and says...
"Hey, I heard you and Tom broke up."
me: "uh, yeah"
her: "So is that a good thing?"
Me: "uh, I guess so."
Okay...what did she think I was going to say, I don't know her that well did she want the break up story?
Her:" yeah, I had no idea until my friend (whose name I will not mention) called me up to tell me she was dating Tom ******."
Me: "Umm, okay...what?"
Seriously, what is going on? Why are you calling me?
What the hell.
Her: "So how long have you been broken up? "
Me: "Like a month or so"
Her: "Oh, well, they've only gone out like 3 times I guess they met on the internet."
Me: "nothing" b/c what the hell do I say...I never talk to this girl...let along about something so personal.
Her : "So, I was just telling (insert husbands name here) that we should do something with Tom and Wendy but since you guys broke up I thought I'd call you and see if you wanted to go out with us on Friday?"
Me: "um...Okay maybe..."
This is a true story. Very weird and true.
Oddly enough I did go out Friday and had a very good time.

4 Comments:

Blogger BRANDY said...

What the hell? Is she nuts? I would tell that crazy beotch to get a clue. The house situation, well remember to get inspections. I think it is a great idea. Just be smart and you can qualify for first time homebuyer programs (I work in the mortgage biz). Let me know if you need any help! What state are you in? we might be licensed in it.

8:53 AM, January 18, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

what a random kind of nosyness... maybe the friend is HER!!! LOL
oh yes homebuying is fun.. but watch out for all those people who don't really care.. and they can easily lead you astray!!
banks are not good people when it comes to approving loans.... YIKES!
but on the other hand.. you'll have a ton of fun fixing up a place =)

3:07 PM, January 18, 2007  
Blogger Jill H said...

wow, good to see you post Wendy!! sounds like Brandy could help you out with the home purchase. that's awesome, even if it's something small at least you'll be making an investment instead of throwing the money away every month! good luck :)

6:12 PM, January 18, 2007  
Blogger Gina said...

WTH!! Well after all that weird stuff, at least you had a good time! Good luck with your decision on a house.

1:13 PM, January 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home